Practice Partner Patient Records provides a host of innovative tools to improve both office and clinical efficiency, while helping to improve quality of care. Patient Records allows practices to replace their paper charts, with a comprehensive feature set utilized nationwide by over 900 medical offices of all sizes and specialties.
Since its introduction in 1987, Practice Partner Patient Records has focused on what we know best - outpatient medical clinics. Refined by over a decade of feedback from active users across the country, Patient Records is designed to automate both the clinical and business sides of the modern medical office. The system can interface with almost every major practice management system.
In addition to the comprehensive feature set of Practice Partner Patient Records, Practice Partner has a depth of experience in successfully implementing and supporting a wide variety of sites, from solo practitioners to multi-practice clinics utilizing wide area networks.
Practice Partner is the only company with more than seventeen years of experience in successfully implementing electronic medical record systems.
Why an Electronic Patient Records?
Electronic Medical Records is the inevitable next step in the continued progress of healthcare. An EMR is one of the best business and quality of care investments that a practice can make.
Need more information? The following educational documents address many of the common questions associated with electronic medical records.
- EMR 101 A step by step guide that addresses common questions and concerns in implementing an electronic medical records system.
- The Business Case for an EMR How do you justify an investment in electronic medical records? This white paper examines the ROI of an EMR.
- Financing an EMR
- Reducing Medical Errors with an EMR A comprehensive overview of how an Electronic Medical Record can help reduce medical errors.
Integration also allows easier set-up, administration, and support while eliminating the need for interfaces between applications.
It is clear that a new standard is emerging for medical records. The electronic medical record is a powerful new tool for improving the quality of care and enhancing office efficiency.
Practice Partner Patient Records offers a number of clinical and administrative benefits to help your practice:
Improves Clinical Efficiency, Patient Care, and Service
An EMR includes a number of features that allow the clinical side of the practice to operate more efficiently.
Patient Records users enjoy these benefits from their system:
- Improves communication between providers and office staff
- Reduces downtime by allowing providers easy access to continuously updated information
- Supports complex reporting on billing, scheduling, and patient data
The productivity and efficiency gains of an EMR translate into lowering the hard dollar cost of running a practice. Practice Partner customers report these as some of their cost benefits:
- Reduces transcription costs
- Lowers labor costs
- Reduces internal/external copying expenses
- Lowers malpractice insurance costs
- Reduces pharmacy costs
In addition to substantial cost savings, an EMR can positively impact the top line of a practice in a number of ways:
- Improves the completeness of documentation
- Improves coding accuracy
- Increasing the number of services offered
- Boosts the number of visits per day
Boosts Administrative Efficiency
Successful EMR sites are more efficient than traditional offices. As a result, the number of FTEs required to support physicians is lower than at paper based offices. Practice Partner sites report 2.0 to 2.5 FTEs per doctor, compared to the MGMA average of 4.0. These improvements can be attributed to the following:
- Reduces chart pulls and less filing
- Allows universal access to the chart (by more than one person at a time)
- Eliminates time spent searching for lost charts
- Reduces phone tag with patients
- Improves internal office communication
- Reduces call-backs from pharmacies
- Improves compliance with chart requests and chart audits
Practice Partner Patient Records provides a comprehensive feature set, coupled with a friendly and intuitive interface. This results in an EMR system that is powerful enough for any office, yet easy-to-learn and easy-to-use. Here is a sample of just some of the features contained in Patient Records:
Complete Electronic Medical Records system (EMR)
- Open multiple charts at the same time
- User-definable chart summary field
- MPI capabilities
Progress Note Functionality
- Documentation by: free text, pre-defined, or user defined clinical templates, clinical (QuickText) macros, and/or dictation
- Automatic updates on different sections of chart
- Review allows providers to review unsigned notes, incoming lab data, reports, and letters
- Over 200 clinical templates
- Clinical templates include E&M codes and AHCPR guidelines
- Easy attachment of images to notes
- Electronic signature documents author of progress note
- Over 700 prescription templates provide dose, alternatives, and prices for the prescribed medication
- Drug interaction and automatic allergy/intolerance checking 3 medication lists: Current , Ineffective, Historical
- Formulary checking
- Fax prescriptions from Patient Records directly to the pharmacy
- Overdue health maintenance reminder
- Vital Signs data capture
- Lab data can be imported from outside or in-house lab using industry standard formats (ASTM1238, HL7)
- Abnormal data flag
- Practice Partner has built hundreds of lab interfaces to such labs as Labcorp, Quest Diagnostics, Cerner and Labdaq
- Intra-office messaging
- Chart info can be e-mailed to consulting physicians
- Missing progress notes
- Unsigned progress notes
- Unsaved progress notes
- Print chart summary
- Print complete patient chart
- Print note by: provider and date all notes